The Company was originally founded and established in Meyerton 50 kilometres South of Johannesburg South Africa in 1990 as Vaalmac Engineering. The business has close working relations with Primetals and is a 100% subsidiary of VaalMac Investment. Angstrom is a level 5 BEE contributor company.
VMI Ventures’ associated industrial engineering companies reaching over industrial manufacturing, engineering reconditioning as well as spares and original equipment sourcing including turn key projects;
- Angstrom Engineering (1990)
- Detek (2000)
- VaalMac Engineering Saldanha (1997)
- Westarcor (2005)
- QTech (1994)
- IFC (1994)
Angstrom Engineering is an engineering service consolidator. Our customers include Arcelormittal, Columbus Stainless Steel and Hulamin. We strive to meet the ever-increasing needs and challenges of our customers by providing world-class technologies, life-cycle services and providing equipment with superior-quality workmanship. Our pursuit of synergies as an integrated mechanical supplier are key to providing the highest standards for our customers.
Angstrom Engineering has four engineering operating divisions reaching over the full spectrum of industrial service technology and project enabling services;
- Specialised hardface welding department (Weldclad).
- Manufacturing and repair workshop.
- Component and capital equipment sourcing – Detek.
- Turn key projects department.
Angstroms’ business culture is cultivated to satisfy customer satisfaction and stakeholder governance;
- We thrive on engineering technology and innovation challenges.
- We value transparency and strict compliance with prevailing laws, regulations, and corporate policies.
- We maintain a lean, efficient, and target-oriented company structure.
- We provide a work environment where employees are free to develop and unfold their creative potential.
- We affirm fairness and respect diversity.
We foster a spirit of entrepreneurship, individual ownership, accountability, and responsibility.
- We interact with all our stakeholders in a trustworthy and reliable way and contribute to society.